Why Do I Need Calcium & Magnesium?
Calcium and magnesium are critical for maintaining healthy bone mass.
We need a steady supply of the nutrients to meet the needs of our bones, which are constantly remodeling themselves.
USANA Active Calcium delivers a superior blend for bone health, with advanced amounts of calcium, magnesium, plus vitamin K, and vitamin D.
ORDER NOW: +639178919589
Magnesium – Your New Mineral Superstar
An emerging superstar in the nutrition world is magnesium. It’s a good thing, too, because the majority of people really just do not get enough from their diets.
Active Calcium delivers 400 mg of magnesium in a daily dose.
So, why is magnesium so cool?
Well, magnesium has a wide range of benefits. It plays a role in hundreds of enzyme systems in the body. I won’t bog you down too much in the details, you can click on the links for more, but just in the last couple of years research has been published, concluding that magnesium is super important for a number of things:
- Magnesium has long been known help support heart health, which was demonstrated yet again in a study that found a diet rich in magnesium, potassium and calcium has been associated with good cardiovascular effects in men.
- Magnesium intake is associated with maintaining healthy glucose metabolism, provided the levels are healthy to begin with.
- A study found that dietary magnesium intake is inversely associated with serum C-reactive protein levels.
- A review of research observed that magnesium “plays an important physiological role particularly in the brain, heart, and skeletal muscles,” as well as offering many other supportive benefits.
- An observational study reports that dietary intakes of antioxidants and magnesium may be associated with maintaining good hearing. (However more research is needed to confirm this finding.)
- Likely due to its benefits not only for bone health but also muscle health: a study showed that daily magnesium oxide supplementation for 12 weeks seems to support improved physical performance in healthy elderly women.
Calcium is Not Enough — Other Key Players for Bone Support
Calcium is not the only mineral needed for building bone, however, and that’s where Active Calcium establishes itself as a superior choice — not only does it provide an optimal amount of calcium, it also is formulated with a blend of additional nutrients that complement each other to provide the best absorption and effectiveness:
Vitamin D — promotes calcium absorption/utilization and enables normal mineralization of bone. It supports bone growth and bone remodeling. Without sufficient vitamin D, bones can become thin, brittle, or misshapen. Studies have shown vitamin D to support bone health in the elderly and postmenopausal women.
Magnesium — has been shown to help slow bone turnover, which can reduce bone density loss. It is also needed to help calcium get into the bones instead of collecting in soft tissue.
Vitamin K — activates the proteins responsible for removing circulating calcium from the arteries and binding it to the bone, helping to support bone strength. Vitamin K deficiency has been linked to increased hip fracture risk in the elderly.
Boron — supports balanced levels of magnesium and phosphorus in the body, which help build and break down bone, respectively.
Silicon — is involved in bone formation and is thought to support collagen production, which is also needed for bone health.
All that, and as always Active Calcium carries USANA’s Potency Guarantee, so you know the product is pure, safe, and effective. If you need to bone up on your bone health, give Active Calcium a try!
ORDER NOW: +639178919589
Tags: calcium stones vitamin d sunlight tight muscles better sleep gerd acid reflux